MONONA PUBLIC LIBRARY WILL OPEN STARTING MONDAY, JUNE 29 FOR LIMITED EXPRESS LIBRARY SERVICE
Limited Express Library Hours:
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Tuesday and Thursday: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
- Saturday: 10:00 am - 2:00 pm (We will be closed Saturday, July 4th.)
- Only the entrance off the parking lot will be open.
We are excited to open the library doors and see you all again! Starting Monday, June 29th, the Monona Public Library building will be open to the public for limited hours to allow you to pick up your holds in the building or use a public computer for a one hour time slot. At this time other services, such as browsing the book shelves and enjoying the Children’s Room or Teen space are unavailable as we continue to keep library staff and community members’ safety a priority. Placing holds on items from home or calling the library and asking for staff help to do so, are the best ways for you to get library materials at this time. We will continue to follow the guidelines from the CDC and Public Health Madison & Dane County as we look to increase the services we provide the public in the coming weeks and months.
Please be aware that the number of people in the building will be limited, and you may need to wait to enter the library. Because of this, we ask that after you retrieve your items or use the computer, you please leave the library to allow others to enter the building. Please limit visits to one person per family. For those who are not comfortable coming into the building, curbside service will still be available, call 608-222-6127 for information.
Limited Express Services Include:
- Pickup of materials on hold in-person inside the library
- Public computer access - 3 computers, one hour time limit, limited access to staff for technical assistance
- Self check-out
- Library cards
- Tax forms available on lower level
- Outside book drop available during library’s open hours. Returned items are quarantined and are not checked in immediately. All due dates have been extended to September 1st.
Library Steps to Increase Safety:
- Library employees will wear masks
- Patrons are requested and strongly urged to wear masks while in library (free masks available)
- Hand sanitizer available at the door, at self check-out stations, and at computers
- Allowing limited number of patrons in Express Area of the library at one time
- Service desk has protective shields
- 72-hour quarantine of all returned items before check-in
- Patron computer time limited to 1 hour/day
- 6 feet of social distancing requested
The number one priority at Monona Public Library is the safety of visitors and staff. Monona Library is adjusting its services, and will continue to do so as the library incrementally reopens the building and expands services available to the public. The Library is adjusting as quickly as the city, county, state, and national landscape is, anticipating rapid changes and making adjustments as needed. Library staff have worked hard to determine the best methods of expanding services slowly while maintaining our new health and cleaning protocols in this time of COVID-19. If you have any questions, please call the library at 608-222-6127. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to the library, and we thank you in advance for your patience as we slowly begin re-opening the library for limited Express Services.