|Location||Fireman's Park Shelter & Monona Community Center|
Summer Camp Fees
|12 Weeks||6 Weeks||1 Week|
Week 1: Mad Scientists
We better bust out the lab coats and safety goggles as Campers explore all things ooey-gooey, fizzy, and electric. Get ready for a week of ah, eww, and whoa!
Week 2: Land Before Time
Campers will transform into archaeologists where their days will be spent digging up fossils and exploring what life was like in the Jurassic Era!
Week 3: Space Jam
Campers, get ready to hop in your space ship as we travel to outer space and encounter galaxy slime, asteroids, and an alien invasion, oh my! 3, 2, 1 … BLAST OFF!
Week 4: We Built this City
By exploring the City of Monona, Campers will make some blueprints to develop their very own cities. Campers come design, name, make up laws, and elect a council for your city!
Week 5: The Sound of Music
Are you a singer, dancer, or a musician? We’ll help you find your talent, so get ready to make some noise! Campers will get creative and make their own instruments, enjoy a drum circle, dance blindfolded, and end the week with a red carpet event featuring…YOU!
Week 6: Imaginarium
Through hands-on experiments and projects, each camper will design, and test their creations in unique challenges while making messes and masterpieces with clay, paint, paper and more.
Week 7: It’s a Jungle Out There
Sneak through the trees, explore for snakes, birds, insects, plants, and wait! Was that a leopard? Which route will you take to get through the Jungle safely?*
Week 8: Mystery Week
Don’t you hate it when you lose things? This week, Campers will learn top-notch sleuthing skills then put them to the test to solve an important case: something has been stolen from camp!
*On Friday August, 10th we have scheduled a trip to Noah's Ark from 8am-4pm. This is already included with registration to Great Escape this week. If you don't want your child to attend this activity there will be no additional program.
- All staff have experience in working with children, are CPR/First Aid certified and participate in regular training.
- Most of our staff have or are pursuing degrees in Recreation & Leisure studies, Education or other related fields.
- Safety is our #1 priority!
- Children are supervised at all times and are not permitted to leave the program unless they are signed out by an authorized adult.
- Children are picked up at Winnequah School at 12:30 p.m. and are escorted to the Fireman's Park Shelter by Summer Camp Staff.
- If a child does not attend the Great Escape Playground program on a particular day, parents must notify Monona Parks & Recreation office before 11:00 a.m. so staff does not wait for the child after summer school.
Morning activities may be cancelled up to 30 minutes before a program begins; notification will be given via the city website (mymonona.com), Facebook, and email/text message.
A decision regarding evening events will be made no earlier than 2:00 p.m. on the day of the activity.
There are no make-up classes due to inclement weather and no refund/credit for up to two (2) classes canceled in one session.
There will be a $10 credit on your account if three (3) or more classes in one session are cancelled by Monona Parks & Recreation.