Work Completed since last update: June 5, 2013 to June 11, 2013
1. The utility contractors for MG&E (Electric), MG&E (Gas), AT&T, and Charter continued the scheduled relocation work.
2. Mega-Rental maintained project traffic control.
3. Arbor Green maintained the project erosion control.
4. R.G. Huston Company (Huston) completed the Stage 3 pavement removal. Huston completed the excavation common for Stage 3 Phase II. Huston continued the sanitary sewer from the south project limits to St. Teresa Terrace. Huston completed the water main from the south project limits to St. Teresa Terrace. Huston started the sanitary sewer and water main from Coldspring Avenue to the north project limits. Huston started the sanitary sewer, water main, and storm sewer on Dean Avenue between Monona Drive and Gordon Avenue.
5. Geo-Metra Surveying continued the Stage 3 construction staking.
6. Hard Rock completed the Stage 3 asphalt and concrete sawing.
7. Fahrner Asphalt completed the asphalt parking lot sealing on the west side of Monona Drive.
8. Highway Light started the conduit and concrete base installation for the street lighting and traffic signals at the southwest corner of Nichols Road and Monona Drive.
9. Augelli Concrete installed the curb and gutter on the south side of Nichols Road.
10. Trierweiler Concrete completed the concrete paving for Stage 3, the southwest corner of Nichols Road and Monona Drive.
Anticipated work schedule for next week: June 12, 2013 to June 18, 2013
1. The utility contractors for MG&E (Electric), MG&E (Gas), and Charter will continue the scheduled utility relocation work. Crews will be working primarily between St. Teresa Terrace to Dean Avenue.
2. Mega-Rental will maintain traffic control throughout the project. Mega Rental will switch traffic at the Nichols Road intersection. Traffic will be one lane in each direction utilizing the newly constructed eastbound lanes.
3. Geo-Metra Surveying will continue the Stage 3 construction staking.
4. Arbor Green will maintain project erosion control.
5. RG Huston will complete the pavement removal of the westbound lanes of Nichols Road. Huston will continue the sanitary sewer, water main, and the storm sewer on the west side of Monona Drive with crews north of Coldspring Avenue, at Dean Avenue, and north of St. Teresa Terrace. Huston will complete the underground work on West Dean Avenue. Huston will start the excavation common from north of Nichols Road working north to St. Teresa Terrace and start the excavation common on Dean Avenue.
6. Payne and Dolan will pave the eastbound lanes of Nichols Road.
7. Augelli Concrete will start the miscellaneous ancillary concrete work, replacing sidewalk and curb and gutter removed during utility work. Augelli Concrete will start the curb and gutter work for the Monona Grove High School parking lot.
8. Trierweiler Construction will start the concrete pavement at the Nichols Road intersection continuing to St. Teresa Terrace.
Construct the sanitary sewer, water main, and storm sewer. Construct the southbound lanes of Monona Drive and construct the side roads on the west side of Monona Drive.
NOTE: The contractor anticipates adding crews when applicable and working Saturdays in an attempt to maintain the revised schedule.
Traffic Pattern (Stage 3):
The traffic pattern will be one lane in each direction with a center left turn lane from Nichols Road to Winnequah Road utilizing the outside northbound lane and the temporary pavement installed during
Traffic Switch at Nichols Road: The traffic will be switched to the eastbound lanes on June 14, 2013 and will one lane in each direction utilizing the newly constructed lanes.