Friends of Monona Public Library
Join the Friends or Renew Your Friends Membership!
To join or renew your Friends membership,
- Stop in at Monona Public Library
- Mail a check to "Friends of Monona Public Library", 1000 Nichols Road, Monona, WI 53716
- Join online by selecting a Membership Category (pull down arrow) and clicking "subscribe".
Loud in the Library Returns!
We had a blast last year at Loud in the LIbrary; Mardi Gras . . . and we're ready to do it again! Are you?!
Mark your calendar for
Loud in the Library: Happy Campers!
Saturday, January 27th, 7-10 pm
This is an adults-only after-hours party in the library featuring live music by The Soggy Prairie Boys, cash bar, campy food, games, photo booth, and much more!
DO NOT MISS this Monona event of the year- and all proceeds go directly back to the fantastic work the library does all year long.
This is the Friend's biggest annual event, and we want to see the library packed with people!
Would you like to volunteer at the event? We would love your help! Contact Sue Carr at Sues310@gmail.com
The Friends of the Monona Public Library is a community support group that was organized in 1981 to improve library services and facilities through activities that are beyond the scope of the regular staff and budget . We believe that the survival of the public library is essential to our society.
The Friends group strives to promote knowledge of, and interest in our library, as well as to enhance its value to the community. To help the library develop and extend services, the Friends group works to purchase materials and equipment with money raised through membership dues, an annual fall book sale and tax-deductible gifts. Friends work enhances programs that promote literacy and the love of books, and helps develop new programs that will advance the goals of the Monona Public Library.
By joining the Friends you will join other concerned citizens dedicated to promoting the value of books, libraries and literacy. Members may serve on the board or volunteer to work at the book sale or other events. Even if you don't choose to volunteer you will have the satisfaction of knowing that you have joined others in showing strong support for your library.
- Annual Summer Library Reading Program
- Teen Volunteer t-shirts
- Library receptions
- National Children's Book Week
- Tellabration! - Stories Off the Shelf
- Acquisition of special materials for the library (such as children's board books, the ValueLine Mutual Fund Survey, and Investor's Business Daily)
- Delivery of books and materials to the homebound
- Friends newsletter, published bi-annually
- Preparation of books and other materials for the shelves
- Purchase of decorative elements and toys for the children's room
- Annual used book sale (October)
- Contributions and membership fees
- The Friends is a non-profit corporation, all contributions are tax deductible
- Kay Gage, President
- Abbie Loomis, Vice President
- Lynda Weinberger, Past President
- Anastasia Gunawan, Secretary
- Leslie Johnson, Treasurer